2.08.2010

skirt!

I bought this really pretty fabric at JoAnns a few months ago (on sale!)

I was planning on making a dress

but

I'm making a skirt instead. I'm kinda half-way done...I still need to get to JoAnns to buy an underskirt fabric and trim...


A close up of the fabric


The underskirt will be of a contrasting color, and I'm looking to get satin trim to match the underskirt.

I'm also playing RISK w/ Michael
I also love fun emails and straight hair...LOL

EDIT: HCC is closed tomorrow....I'm going to the mall....WAHOOOOO!! (can you tell I can't wait to get out of the house?)

Cheers!
Christine

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooooooo pretty!

Katie said...

o...OH!!

my!!

a chartreuse color would be pretty... like a light yellowish green.

Christine said...

really? hmm... I wouldn't have thought of that.
I was thinking more along the lines of a dark magenta color.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think dark magenta or maybe a maroon would look really pretty..

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think a magenta color would be really pretty..

Rebecca Ann said...

yes thats beautiful christine! I love it! are you going to make the skirt laying like in the picture! that would be very pretty!

Christine said...

Yes, I am. It's going to be a hankerchief hem skirt. The top fabric will have alternating points with the underskirt layer. I'll post pictures when it's done.

Katie said...

ooh! a magenta/maroon color would also be pretty. Maybe with a green top =)